[IP] Problems with Glucometers in the classromm

My 10 year old son is in fourth grade and we are having a terrible time
getting the school to allow him to do glucometer checks and pump corrections
in the class room.  The administration insists that he walk to the nurses
office three times a day (minimum) to do one-touches etc.  He missed an
entire class section today and we are at wits end.  Can anyone pass on their
experiences or advice on how to work with a school system successfully.
Thanks in advance,