Re: [IP] synthroid

> What is synthroid used for, is it the nodules they find on our thyroids?

lori,  synthroid is the artificial hormone that replaces the natural one
that is produced by your healthy thyroid gland.  if your thyroid is not
producing this hormone...one needs to replace it with something or your
whole immune system will break down.  as did mine at age 39.  (and I did not
know it until I was in ICU with bacterial pneumonia...THEN they did the
blood work which determined NO thyroid function!)

if you need surgery for your thyroid growth...there is something else
happening which I don't know anything about.