[IP] Railroad Disability - anyone?

Has anoyone on the IP list used railroad retirement disability?

I was recently talked to by our personel department, and told that I
might need to look into railroad retirement disability (NOT Social
Security).  I am a fully vested railroad employee, pay into railroad
retirement instead of SS, and must use railroad retirement if the day
comes for me to use disability.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience dealing with
railroad retirment disability - because it is different than the SS.

Write me direct if you like.

direct email: email @ redacted