[IP] Re: Forget the JOSLYN NY center

In a message dated 2/15/00 9:36:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] NYC Joslin closing...

The NYC version of the Joslin Center is, sadly, no more.

Hi. My name is Gary Schlein. I've been diabetic for 30 years since age 17 & I
hardly ever went to doctors for help or advice BUT......
In November of 1998 I read a newspaper story about pumping & I decided to get
a pump & I called around to different centers & nobody would even give me an
appointment for 3 months except the Diabetic Center at St Johns Hospital in
Yonkers. They educated me about food values & they taught me the proper way
to take control of diabetes. They also hepled me through the denials of my
HMO & I really feel they are a expert team of nurses, 1 doctor  - Dr
Neshiwat, & the office team . All truly great people who I feel have saved my
life.We have "Pumper" meetings on the first Tuesday of every month ; I had
never been to a meeting like that in my entire life & you get to meet other
diabetic people & share experiences or whatever. At one meeting the
representative from a supply company who shows up every month brought a
Carvel Ice Cream cake and we made a surprise birthday party for the head
nurse there & there we all were - a bunch of diabetic people eating Carvel
under our medical team's guidance.
         So Yonkers is not too far north of the Bronx & I'm positive you
would feel as I do about my "team" . I know the phone # by heart
914-968-4558. Good Luck