[IP] Re: Kids and thyroids

G'day :)

When Erica was diagnosed with diabetes, just shortly after her fourth
birthday, the doctor who gave us the news asked us a few questions for
information he was gathering.  One thing he said to us was "Who in the
family has the thyroid problems?"  I asked him how he knew that and he
said that he has found instances of thyroid problems in immediate family
members with almost all kids he has seen diagnosed.  At that time, my
mom had thyroid disease, my husbands mom and dad had thyroid disease,
and guess who has hypothyroidism now....me!

Erica's  friend, who is diabetic but not a pumper, was diagnosed at age
10 with thyroid problems, I forget if she is hypo or hyper.

Barb....Erica's mom