RE: [IP] NYC Joslin closing...

>> The NYC version of the Joslin Center is, sadly, no more. >
>> anyone have any suggestions for the new york city area?
>how about the joslin center at st. barnabas medical center in
>livingston, NJ.  not that far at all for your quarterly visits/phone

I am not sure if this center is still open.  But if it is I would recommend
not seeing a certain doctor who was working there 5 years ago.  I saw him
for about 3 years and he would literally rip me apart at every appointment
and I would leave crying.  I was 15 at the time, but he was the adult
doctor.  I think he was the only doctor there at the time, but they may have
grown and added others.  If you are interested in going this route I will
tell you his name privately.  Another note, was they never suggested carb
counting, they never suggested the pump.  From what I have learned on this
list, these have been around more then 5 years.

-- Sherry