[IP] Re: Insurance / Test strips

> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:38:56 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: Laura/accucheckcomplete/insurance
> Laura
> I was interested to hear about your insurer doing what mine has,
> contracting with one company for meters/strips and covering only those. In
> my case, they did stay with the one I was using anyway (Lifescan) but then
> told me that I had to choose ONE of the strips (even though they covered
> three..Fast Take. SureStep and One Touch).  However, I am interested in
how > your case comes out as I am wondering if these guys are going to
> their contractors bases on the "low bid".  I know that my endo worked hard
> keep Lifescan in there when  the HMO wanted to go with a company that
> neither of us were as happy with.
> Keep us posted.
> Linda

The good news is that I just confirmed I will get my month's supply of 300
Comfort Curve strips for the $5 copay. The nurse at my doctor's office spent
3-4 days on the phone being transferred every which way, but was finally
able to resolve this.