Re: [IP] IP] My Pump is being mailed tomorow!!!

    Hooray!!! Just wanted to publicly proclaim how happy this news makes me.
Over 20 years ago, a local newspaper did a feature story on Sharon & her
parents and how difficult it was to deal with  a baby with diabetes. The
article explained the warning signs and probably also mentioned JDF. The
details aren't important - what is though is that because of that article,
when my 9 yr old started guzzling drinks & monopolizing restrooms, my "memory
bank" retrieved that "stored data" from the article about Sharon. I dropped
off a urine sample at the pediatrician (Melissa wasn't at all sick) & by 5:00
that evening she was hospitalized with a bg of 145 (fasting). It wasn't until
she ate some fried chicken & zoomed to 300 that the attending docs were
convinced she WAS diabetic!!! Almost funny in retrospect, but if it hadn't
been for the knowledge I'd gained from that article, I might not have
circumvented the much more common scenario of a very very ill children being
hospitalized with diabetes.
     So, we at IP all welcome you aboard the "Pump Bandwagon" next week
Sharon, but I, in particular, am delighted to see you "join in" a better way
of life, after all these years with diabetes!!!
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom, who remains grateful for that article!)