Re: [IP] darn meter reliability problems

I've used the Advantage for many years with no problems.  The trick with the
Advantage strips is you have to have a good drop of blood before putting it
on the strip.  I've now switched to the Comfort Curve strips, since I didn't
like the red area on the Advantage strip (sometimes it was hard to tell if
you got the blood in the right spot since it was red).  I also use a
Complete Meter and an Instant.  The Instant requires a very large drop of
blood to fill the strip, so I only use it when I want a meter to carry
around easily (it has a cover that goes over the test buttons).  All my
meters compare well with each other and so far, the tests seem to be
reasonably accurate.  AccuChek are the only meters I've used since I got my
first meter (the AccuChek II).  The company is usually pretty good to deal
with and I've never had problems with replacing strips when I've gotten a
few bad batches in the past.  They always sent new ones with a postage paid
label to return the bad ones.

Type 1 for 37 years