[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #916

Jeff wrote:

Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:25:20 +0000 (GMT)
From: Jef Lepine <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Infusion set packaging?

Just curious if any of the plastic in the infusion set packaging (minimed
silhouettes) is recyclable? I recycle the paper backing, but there is
still a bit of plastic there.

Jef Lepine
email @ redacted

Dear Jeff:
I think about the waste of foreign oil every time I dump plastic in the
trash...Our recycling people, BFI will not take the infusion set packaging
or anything but plastic bottles marked with a 1 or 2 in the little triangle
on bottom.    I would happily pay the postage to send all this plastic
stuff somewhere where it would be recycled.  Anyone got any ideas.

 MINIMED, How bout setting up a recycling program?

Secondly, I have a drawer full of unused tubing (still wrapped in its white
paper wrap) because I use more infusion sets than the average person (site
problems) and don't use all the tubing.  Mini Med will not sell the infu
sion sets separately, although they package them separately for the combo
packs.  Insurance costs be damned....they are going to make me take
supplies I don't need and will never use.  Anyone want 30 - 50  unused
tubing packages.   Oh, and the used tubing makes great ties for your
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL