[IP] Re: Problems with pumping and preschool snacks

Hi Linda,

We're pretty new pumpers, too. Genevieve started 5 weeks ago on the
MiniMed 508.  We have used only the bum for sites at the suggestion of
our CDE, and use the Sof-set Micro QR's. No problems yet (as I madly
knock on wood).
Gennie is 4 as well, but is 48" tall and weighs 50 lbs (towering over
all the other pre-schoolers).
For preschool snacks, we set a basal rate higher for 1 hour surrounding
snack time. If she has a little more/less than she should for snack,
it's easily correctable at her pre-lunch check. So far we've had pretty
good results, we'll make adjustments as we go along.
Feeling your pain and frustration (as changing a set is STRESSFUL ENOUGH
with little ones), let me know if I can help with anything.

Mom to Genevieve age 4 1/2 (dx'd 13 months, pumping 5 weeks) and James
age 8 (non-D)