Re: [IP] darn meter reliability problems

Amy:  One thing on the Accucheck Advantage.  If you are using the normal
strips and not the newer "comfort curve" strips, you are likely to have
problems getting accurate readings because getting enough blood on their
huge test area all at once is very difficult to get right.  I used this
meter for a year because my HMO made me and then I complained with
letters etc, and eventually switched to a Glucometer Elite, which I
love.  I could never get good readings with the original test strips
with the Accucheck Advantage and had to usually do two tests at a time
to get one good reading each time...  (I'm sure this is why they
redesigned the strips and came up with the comfort curve strips...)

- Paul Rudolph