Re: [IP] darn meter reliability problems Accuchek Advantage

I have used the Accuchek Advantage for seven years now.  In the last year I
have had many problems with their test strips.  I test my BG ten times a day
and once a day, one of the strips did not absorb the drop of blood.  Not only
do I waste a strip but it makes a mess.  I called the company and explained
the problem.  They wanted me to use the control solution to test the
remaining strips in the vial.  I flat refused to invest anymore money.  They
sent me the test solution and when I received it I had to call a certain
person at their company and I tested a few strips while she was on the phone
with me.  They all tested OK.  They still had me send them the remaining
strips and replaced the vial with a new one.    I recently tried the comfort
curve strip which fits the Advantage as well as the Complete meter.  It works
much better.

I would call the company and explain your problem.  Perhaps they would send
you some Comfort Curve strips to try.