[IP] Re: what??????!!!-LONG

I can't respond from the clinical perspective, but from some one very
familiar with hospitals and healthcare in NJ (It's been my sole employment
for almost ten years), opne of the reasons they try to take away the pump is
that it is technology they are not familiar with and it looks like something
of value people can steal.  Look at the posts on our web sites and imagine
someone who sees a pump three times a year trying to decipher the differences
in operation,.  It's ok if the patient is cogitant (thinking) and can manage
his or her treatment but otherwise its easier to go back to the injection
roller coaster because that's what they know.

As an example, the facility I work in is multi national but english is the
language to be used during treatment but here is the footnote--- if better
treatment can be accomplished using another language because the caregivers
are both more lfuent in that language or it will help the patient understand
what is happening, then that is the language of choice.

When you are through with your current crisis, why don't you offer a class in
diabetic management through pump therapy to your hospital (remember the off
shifts and weekends) so next time there isn't a problem. - Bob Nnn