[IP] RE:insurance

The small group in the office where I work is once again changing insurance
companies due to higher costs. All the insurance agents have said that if I
was not on the group plan then everyone elses premium would be lower. So it
is being suggested that I get my own insurance, of course the group can not
refuse me but if it is cheaper for everyone else to go off the group plan
and get their own insurance then there will no longer be a group and I will
still have to get my own insurance.
Of course no insurance will accept me because of the diabetes, my only
option is to get on the indiana comprehensive health insurance
association(ICHIA). Has anyone had experience with this situation?