Re: [IP] Re:Velosulin

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Scott Akers wrote:

> Can somebody tell me how velosulin and humalog differ? I'm a new pumper
> and have only heard of velosulin while reading this site.

Velosulin BR is a regular buffered insulin made by Novo Nordisk. It is
made specifically for pumps and is the only "officially approved" pump
insulin, even thought that does not matter.

Humalog is a new insulin that is absorbed about twice as fast as regular.
There is a chart on the LINKS page in the Humalog section that shows the
absorption curves for both types.

Humalog is use by about 85% of the surveyed pumpers on this mail list.