Subject: [IP] Advice about set change

Hi Kathleen,
I think the reason they tell you not to put in a site right before bedtime
is that if, for some reason, it turns out to be a bum site, he could develop
DKA from not getting insulin.  I'll be perfectly honest with you, after 17
months of pumping now, Jenna has never NOT had a site work at the very
beginning (I am knocking on wood vigorously,  :-) as just saying that will
probably make it happen.) and we put in new sites at bedtime pretty
frequently.  Usually, if she has a site problem, it's with one that's been
in a few days.    The safest thing to do, is if you put in a site at
bedtime, check sugars 2-3 hours later (set that ol' alarm clock) be sure
everything is okay.

Nancy Morgan