[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #914

This mailing list is interesting reading.  I thought my A1c of 7 was great
until I started reading about those in the 6- range.  I am also shocked by
the people reporting regular readings between 90-120 or so!  My doctor and
others have always said if  I am 150 or below that was great.  I have been on
the pump for about 5 months now and still have some swings, but not as bad as
I did before the pump.  When you eat things w/o carb amounts listed it is
hard to guess sometimes, like an extra large croissant roll.  Questions:
Does humalog peak for most people in about 3 hours? and how soon does it
start working?  I have been diabetic for 23 years and I feel like an old dog
learning new tricks.  My doctor says I'm doing great, but I feel like there
is still a lot to learn.  Thanks for any tips.  Betty