[IP] Re: Need help figuring out safe bg range

I've been pumping for about 2 months and recently had a consult with a new
CDE because I heard she had a lot of patients and much experience. She was
very concerned with by many low bg's, which is one of the reasons I started
pumping. She feels that pp bg of 150-180 is ok. I've always been more
comfortable with 110-130. Also, she feels its ok at bedtime to be 130-180.
Suggests I bolus for a snack at 130 - I usually figure that 130 is a good #
to have w/o snack, and expect if basals are correct, it should stay at a
reasonable # thru the nite. I'm getting the message that I am being
unrealistic and my goals for bg's have been way too low and not backed by
sound practice, or other Type I who strive for tight control. I do have many
lows thru the day, but check myself about 12-15 times, so I don't get into
trouble where I need help. Any ideas would really be appreciated. Please
email me, or if you think it is of generally interest, i do read the digest
every day.  Thanks Brynn at email @ redacted