[IP] Re Insurance woes...kinda long

Oh Dawn, reading your letter just made me want to sit down and cry!  I went
through a similar thing when I was trying to get pregnant 3 yrs. ago, and
wanted to get on a pump.  My doctor, at the time, told me I didn't need a
pump.  That was the last time I ever talked to him.  I spent months arguing
with my insurance company.  I sent them a years worth of records, had three
doctors and a dietitian recommend it for me, wrote letter after letter,
begged pleaded and argued and then finally gave up, just what they wanted.
If I had had a pump for even a short period of time, knowing how wonderful it
is now, I never would have given up.  I admire your resolve and please don't
give up.  Tell them that you don't keep your records for a life time that you
didn't think that you were going to be audited and do they know what they ate
for dinner three years ago?  Did you ever show your logs to a doctor?  You
might be able to get them to write you a letter.  You might also explain that
your previous insurance company didn't cover your diabetes and since costs
are so high for diabetics you couldn't afford all the tests.  Remind them of
the costs of complications.  Remind them that Medicare is covering insulin
pumps now and that pumps are no longer experimental.  My prayers are with you
and you're not alone, good luck.

Type I, 25yrs! Pumping since last December.