RE: [IP] I am going to SCREAM....Overinsulinated?...(long)

	This is very common, and we have a lot of "White Elephants" to put out of
their misery.  I currently work for a major health insurance company here in
Florida (I am a computer support person), and see a lot of co-workers who
still think that I can not eat any sugar etc.  Your Mom sounds great and
think that she has had to change a lifetime of changing diabetes
information.  If she can understand that the treatment methods are evolving
and the vast majority of health care professionals do not have the time to
stay current on all medical treatment advances.  I have heard dietitians say
"You know that you can not have any carbs or sugar as a diabetic." and this
was only 3 months ago.  This dietitian worked in the local hospital food
services and was asking "What is that strange beeper on your side?"
Obviously she was good at meal planning for institutions but was not a
Diabetes Educator.  Refered her to talk with my CDE about changes in diet.
BTW she thought that a patient could not figure out carbs and such without
taking college courses......VBG
	On the other hand the pump has served to provide a means to educate
professionals to current technologies.

Vern Catron, type 2 pumping since 11/16/99 www.jacksonville.net/~vcatron
email @ redacted