RE: [IP] pumping and skiing

>> just to clarify.  after skiing...you reduce the basal by 30% right? and
20 hours  after that,  reduce by 10%? <<

No.  Sorry I wasn't clearer.  Temporary basal rates are definitely a case of
YMMV, but Cooper (age 6), who is more sensitive to insulin that his larger
and older brother Tanner, skis for more than ten hours over a twelve hour
period.  We have found that he needs his basal reduced by 30% for 24 hours.
Tanner (age 8), who skis for about six hours over a seven hour period, needs
his basal rate reduced by 10% for about twenty hours.

Thanks for asking for the clarification.  I hope that is clearer.

		 - Dan
		2/12/00 10:36:52 AM
---------
Dan Richardson		email @ redacted
80 School Street	Voice: (603) 227-9290
Concord NH  03301	Fax:    (603) 227-9291