Re: [IP] Low blood sugar impairs diabetic drivers

email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 2/11/00 10:13:23 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << The study authors advise type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetics to measure
> their
>  blood sugar before driving, and not to drive if the test result shows a
> blood
>  sugar less than 4 mmol/L. >>
> Hot dog! I'm a type 2! I'm off the hook!!!
> Jan
> (who does go low and who does test before driving)

And of course we all know that type IIs don't get lows.  <vbg>

along with various other lies:

If I don't test my BG, I won't ever have any high numbers......

All the complications happen to the type Is..... (5% of us with DM)

Diabetes doesn't affect the whole family.....

If I only work hard enough, I won't get any complications.....

Diabetes doesn't kill you, it's the complications.....

If you just loose enough weight you won't need to go on medication.....

Everyone else is able to keep BGs in the normal range, I'm just not working
hard enough...

If I have a big enough check list, I can explain everything.....

Those with diabetes are very non-complient......our expectations are

Jim S.
email @ redacted

Where did I put my asbestos underwear?