Re: [IP] re:continous glucose meter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Beall" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>; <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 5:57 PM
Subject: [IP] re:continous glucose meter

> Siles, what does PP mean?  Can you explain more fully what you were
> doing beforehand and what you are doing now?  I'm trying to figure out
> why 15 minutes makes so much difference.
> (i.e., give more detailed blood glucose readings when you were on the
> meter vs. now).
> Also, how did you get involved in this study?
> Thanks.
> Todd
> -------------
PP = Post Perandal (after eating)

I heard a talk about the CGM at the Orange County CA Insulin Pump Support
Group by a CDE from Mini-Med. Liked the idea so I bugged my Nurse
Practitioner Peggy Delmaistro. She put me in early as I am her star pupil.
Also I fax her my readings every week, downloaded from my XL.

The timing is not 15 minutes. I was bolusing before eating, now 15 minutes
after ( aprox 45 - 60 minutes difference).

Typical day on CGM:
8:00 AM before breakfast 120
8:30       while eating (CGM) 90
10:00      175
11:30 AM  before lunch 90
12:00 Noon 78
2:30 PM 140
4:30 PM before dinner 55
8:00 PM 150

Now numbers are staying in the 90 to 120 range all day. Apparently Humalog
hits me faster than average, and my digestion is a little slow.