[IP] Help! Basals/Pumping Lispro

I just had a very disappointing visit with my new endo (2nd visit) and need
some advise.  I have been having a lot of trouble with lows then consequently
highs and trying to adjust my basal rate.  The endo said I should try Lispro
in my pump since it has a shorter acting time span.  The problem is he gave
me NO advise on how to adjust my basal and re adjust boluses after the
switch.  He just told me to drop my basal to .6u/hr and see how it goes, and
see you in a month.  After an illness last year my basals have gotten off
track so much I am not bolusing for meals.  I know this needs to be changed
but I rec'd no advise as to the best way to go about doing it.  I have had
low after low and right now I am on the verge of tears and feeling wiped out
from the sugars.  Any advise regarding Lispro or any of this would be
appreciated.  I am re-reading pumping insulin but I'm having so much trouble
with bloodsugar swings right know I couldn't even attempt a basal test as I
don't think my sugars would stay in range long enough to get a result.

Thank You, Linda