[IP] Re: Laura/accucheckcomplete/insurance

I was interested to hear about your insurer doing what mine has, (probably)
contracting with one company for meters/strips and covering only those.  In
my case, they did stay with the one I was using anyway (Lifescan) but then
told me that I had to choose ONE of the strips (even though they covered all
three..Fast Take. SureStep and One Touch).  Obviously the OneTouch size is a
bit bulky for many of our purses and I wanted the Fast Take in it, and the OT
Profile at home and work.  Since it made absolutely no sense to me, I just
had the Dr write out two scripts and fill whichever I need, just not at the
same time.  However, I am interested in how your case comes out as I am
wondering if these guys are going to change their contractors bases on the
"low bid".  I know that my endo worked hard to keep Lifescan in there when
the HMO wanted to go with a company that neither of us were as happy with.
Keep us posted.