[IP] Dry, hurting eyes

> From: Erinn <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] eye problem
> for the past year or so my eyes, especially my left one, have gotten dry
> and very "tired" by around 6 at night.  i squint constantly and computers,
> and driving are very difficult...driving at any point of the day hurts my
> eyes actually <snip>
> Erinn (pumping 1 month, 3 weeks, 3 days)

I have had 6 eye or eye-related surgeries and sight to any of us is
precious. I'm trying to preserve mine in ways suggested by an ADEC
representative (a government agency for the blind). One thing I religiously
do is to wear yellow-tinted driving glasses that can be procured at sporting
goods stores or truck stops. The bright lights to skiers or drivers is
prominent, therefore, they realize the need. The ever-so-light yellow
glasses help cut the brightness of headlights -- and perhaps computer
screens. Mine were about $6.00 -- clip-on because I wear eyeglasses.
Actually, my hugsband (a trucker) and I each have about 4-5 different shades
of shades for appropriate weather conditions. You'd be surprised how the
light yellow ones cut the haziness of fog, too.  Good luck.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)