[IP] Being a diabetic

Hi to all of you fellow pumpers and advocates.

I am just writing to kind of vent.  I am in the
medical profession.  One of my peers last night said
to me " No wonder your diabetic you eat every few
Anyway I have just started humalog have been testing
my blood sugar 6-8 times a day and my blood sugars are
under the best control that they have been since
starting pumping 5 ears ago.
Of course the fact that I have a weight problem makes
everybody think that i am at fault for this disease.
I was diagnosed when I was 20 and The doctors have
traced the diabetes onset as early as age 15.  Which
resulted in 5 years of no treatment of the diabetes
and some complications.

I am sick and tired of being blamed for this disease,
I did not ask for it, I am coping with it.  I have
tried my best to keep the blood sugars at a good level
and just when I am probably doing the most and trying
with the most effort someone has to say something like

I am sorry if I am negative but it really hurt me to
think that other  medical professionals would say
something like this to  me.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Do You Yahoo!?