Re: [IP] Accuchek Complete

> Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:56:14 -0800 (PST)
> From: Steve Lazarus <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Accuchek Complete
> Hi All
> I just got an Accuchek Complete from my endo, and I am
> now getting used to it.  Takes more time to read the
> BG, but I am debating the efficacy of all the data
> inputs.  Geez, I could spend half an hour with the
> thing.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
> Cheers
> Steve Lazarus
If you can take the time to set up the meter defaults and time blocks, then
it usually turns out to be just some pushes of the Next button. I use the
meter as my logbook, writing the info into my paper log at the end of the
day (or every 2-3 days when I'm lazy). I also download the info to my
computer. For one to whom timing is everything, I depend on the meter for
the date and time of all events. I don't keep that in my paper logbook. I
like the Complete a lot better than the OneTouch Profile in terms of the
data entry. While you could keep the same info on the Profile, there is no +
or - buttons and if you over-entered you had to go all the way to the upper
limit and then start over again.

I like this meter so much that I had to fight my insurance company (Aetna
Patriot V QPOS) when the wanted me to switch meters and refused to cover my
Comfor Curve strips. (This may have been resolved but I won't know for sure
until I refill my prescription.)

P.S. When replying or sending from a digest, please be sure to delete all
the unneccesary parts.