Re: [IP] Eye trouble

HI John, sorry to hear of your eye troubles.  Interesting enough, my wife
(not diabetic) returned yesterday from her optometrist with the diagnosis
that she had "allergic" eyes.  He prescribed some very expensive drug (had
to ask if we had insurance before he would prescribe it)--I don't recall
the name (email me privately if you want it).   His diagnosis sounds
strange--I've not heard of it related to type 1 diabetes.  It is not clear
either what tissues in the eye would be set on by your immune system.
There are many possible causes of conjunctivitis, and if things don't
improve, I recommend a second opinion.      Anyway keep us posted---I hope
things improve.
p.s. By any chance, is your watch running backwards too?  ;-)

<<<<<<<<<Does anyone have any experience of auto-immune responses within
the eye?
I had conjunctivitis last week. I saw an eye doctor, who said it was not
serious, and would clear up of its own accord within the week, and gave me
some cream to keep the eye comfortable.
Well, it got worse! I ended up back at the eye doctors in agony. He
diagnosed an auto-immune response to the virus from within the eye, which
is apparently is "linked" to type 1 diabetes. So I'm on what I think are
steroid drops and cream (Prednisolon-21-acetat) which has calmed everything
down nicely. I also have to keep my pupils dilated, to stop something in
the eye sticking to something else. My sight has become slightly cloudy,
due to a cell response within the lense. So all in all, I'm a bit grouchy
at the moment! Back to the doctors tomorrow...
I've never heard of this type of eye trouble before. I wondered whether
anyone else had?