[IP] bedtime snacks

My Dr and I are trying out a new basal at night for me because I keep having
2am lows. Last night at 2 am it was 54 so I had 2 glucose tabs. Waited about
15 minutes then had 15 CHO (crackers with Peanut Butter) Well at 8am my sugar
was 291. I didnt eat alot and bolused accordingly for my ratio. I think maybe
I bottomed out again??! My Dr. disagrees with that. Its 11:30 pm and my sugar
is low ( too much bolus for dinner) If anyone eats a snack before bed if you
are low  do you bolus or not? I am just trying to get other peoples
experience even though YMMV it might help me!! Thanks in advance!