[IP] Silhouette Insertion - Here's how

Did anyone respond yet with instructions on how to insert a Silhouette? Do
you have a box of them, or only a few samples? If you have a box, there
should be a printed sheet of instructions folded up in the bottom of the
box. If you don't have an instruction sheet, I'd be glad to send you one in
the mail -- I have plenty. Send me your address privately.

Otherwise, here is the basic procedure, without the benefit of the pictures...

1. Peel off the front half of the paper backing (the front is the side by
the needle, the back is the tubing end). Fold the tape back and stick it to
the end of your index finger to keep it out of the way.

2.  Pinch up the skin at your insertion site, and grasp the Sil between
your thumb and middle finger (take off the needle guard), and insert the
set at a shallow angle.

3. Roll down the front half of the tape and stick to your skin.

4. Place a finger over the little window in the Silhouette, where the
cannula goes into your skin, while you remove the insertion needle. You
have to squeeze the sides inward to release the needle.

5. Flip the set up so you can peel off the back half of the paper backing.
As you remove the paper, smooth the set down onto your skin. Hold your hand
over the whole set, pressing gently, for a few seconds to warm the adhesive
and create a better bond.

6. Prime the tubing so there is insulin dripping out of the small needle in
the end. Connect the tubing to the cannula. There is a "right" side and a
"wrong" side. The two halves won't go together if you have the wrong side
up. Make sure you hear it click into place.

7. Prime the cannula with about 7 tenths of a unit.

Good luck,
Mary Jean