[IP] pumping velosulin only

I first sent this from a different e-mail address and
it didn't appear on the list, my apologies if it shows
up twice.

I recently switched the insulin in my daughters pump,
again, to Velosulin only.  She is twelve and I am
trying to get four days out of a site change.  We get
2 days with Humalog, about 3 with an H/V mix and have
gotten 5 days when we first made the switch to V only.
 I expected to deal with differences in activity but
we are seeing some really large swings in bg.  There
is a lot going on in the mornings with a dawn effect
that seems only to kick in when she eats something
(even if that happens at 4:30 AM following a night
time check) and the slower availability of a regular
type insulin.  Increasing her temporary basal doesn't
seem to help so we have tried giving a starting bolus
when she first wakes up.  This morning she gave
herself 9 U to handle being 260 when she woke up and
breakfast, 2 hours later she was 400.  We are two days
out on the site and there is no reason to suspect that
the insulin is dead.  If anyone else is using V only
or has been through this before I would really
appreciate hearing from you.

Do You Yahoo!?