>I myself spoke with an engineer at MM, who
>said that it was a static electricity...

Yep, I have had problems with the E13 warning, and I have a MM508. I figured
out it was static electricity because both times it happened I had just
taken off my fleece jacket and was crackling.  I also live in the Boston
area and the very cold very dry weather has made static electricity a real

I stopped wearing my fleece jacket and that seemed to help.  I know some
people on this list in the winter months wear their pump in a pump case with
a dryer sheet like Bounce.  Apparently this helps a lot.

-- Sherry