[IP] Neuopathy and magnets

I was wondering if anyone out there has tried magnets to help with their
neuropathy and/or circulation. I met someone who have severe neuropathy and
has recently started wearing shoe inserts that are magnets. I think they are
made by Nikkon (sp?) and were expensive. He swears by them. I have a vague
recollection about reading this elsewhere and about studies being done, but I
can't remember where.
If anyone knows more about it I would appreciate the info.
(mom to Cara, age 14, Type I)