[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #906

 My dear friend asked me to ask you all this question about her son's pump.
Please send all responses to the list and I will send them on to her. Thanks.

My son Jake, 20, began pumping on Dec. 20, 1999.  Within a few days, the alarm
went off with an E 13 message..Called the technicians at MM who said it didn't
mean anything..just reprogram it and it should be fine..An E 13 completely
out the memory..He reprogrammed it, went back to college a few days later, and
the same thing happened again.  Called the techs again, who said, probably
nothing, but they'd be happy to replace it..It was a big hassle- he's in
in class where he couldn't meet Fed Ex before 10:30am, so arranged with a
relative in NH to sign for the pump and then drove it 1 1/2  hrs. into Boston
Jake.  A week later, same thing.  Made the same arrangements again. Deliver to
NH, drive to him in Boston...
Another week later, same thing.  I myself spoke with an engineer at MM, who
that it was a static electricity, try keeping the pump close to your body,
He did all that..it happened again..he's getting really discouraged..My
Annie has the 507C and has never had anything like this..Has anyone else had