[IP] And now the continuing saga...

Hi All!
	I talked with Caitlyn's endo yesterday (she is sick and currently
having multiple H injections until she stops having keytones and gets
over this this!)  Anyway, I asked whether he had talked to UCSF or not
(he is a Kaiser Doc), and he told me that they were not willing to take
her on.  When I asked why not, he told me it was because there was a
"split home" involved.  Caitlyn goes to her Dad from Tuesday 1pm until
Wednesday 8:30 am.  He is with her for that entire time period, and IS
VERY READY AND WILLING to undergo pump training.
	Here is my question:  Should this be relevent?  And does anyone
currently have a child who is pumping that is from a split home.  I feel
like they are just making up any reason they can to prevent her from
getting the pump she so desperately wants.
	In the last five weeks, out of 28 tests PER week, she has had between
5-8 normal tests per week, 8-11 lows, and 11-18 highs!  Her target range
is 100 to 200.  Is it just me, or are these BG's totally erratic.  I
carb count like theres no tomorrow.  I run into the same problem:  if I
give her a full unit (or 2) it will drop her.  And if I only give her a
1/2 (or 1 1/2),she will stay high.  I can't help but think that if I had
8/10s of a unit to work with, we might have some better control!  What
do you all think?

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months, turns 5 in 12 days