Re: [IP] Embarassing question

Thank you so much everyone for all your help on this topic!  I feel much
better knowing that I am not the only one to experience and/or hear of this.
Kelly

email @ redacted writes:

<< "Large amount of fluid intake or medical conditions that lead to increased
 output (e.g., hypercalcemia (high calcium levels), hyperglycemia (high sugar
 levels), and diabetes insipidus), and in persons with congestive heart
 failure, leg edema (swelling), vein insufficiency, can lead to incontinence
 by rapid and excessive filling of the bladder. Increased sugar levels in the
 bladder can cause irritation of the bladder muscle and can lead to UI. "

 So....YES, high blood sugars can lead to the feeling or urgency to urinate.

email @ redacted writes:

<< and when I asked the ped endo she said that when the
 sugar  (in the urine) hits the bladder, the bladder
 releases like an involuntary reaction.  So it might be
 something you can't control if there is lot of sugar
 in your urine. >>

-- BEGIN included message

Kelly-

I learn something every day.  I went to search for information on this and
found the following link:
http://www.wellweb.com/INCONT/acct/contents.htm

It states that a CAUSE for "incontinence" can be high blood sugar levels:

"Large amount of fluid intake or medical conditions that lead to increased
output (e.g., hypercalcemia (high calcium levels), hyperglycemia (high sugar
levels), and diabetes insipidus), and in persons with congestive heart
failure, leg edema (swelling), vein insufficiency, can lead to incontinence
by rapid and excessive filling of the bladder. Increased sugar levels in the
bladder can cause irritation of the bladder muscle and can lead to UI. "

So....YES, high blood sugars can lead to the feeling or urgency to urinate.

Interesting....they can't tell me that diabetes doesn't affect EVERYTHING in
your body!

Kathy