[IP] Re: Injecting through Silhouettes

> Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:30:11 -0400
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: Injecting through Silhouettes
> Denise, I guess I don't understand why you would want to inject into the
> port, even assuming your spontaneity took charge for a moment :-)  Since
> you are on a pump, why not just bolus for whatever you indulged in?
> already hooked up

Because I am pumping Regular insulin, not Humalog so a bolus of Regular
doesn't cover the really high glycemic foods which I like to eat very
occasionally.  Pumping Humalog for me was a disaster. I lost more brain
cells through hypos and had more episodes of ketosis during that time than I
had in my first 44 years of diabetes.  So I now consider Humalog  a "special
occasion" insulin.  :-)  and yes, I plan on injecting it  to have some
Valentine candy next week and I won't do it through the Silhouette! Planned
spontaneity, if you like...  <GRIN>
Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years