[IP] strange phenomenon

I have two kids whose bodies seem to be affecting
their watch batteries.  My son's watch has the wrong
time whenever he wears it, we bought a  new one and
the same thing happened, we left it off of him for 2
days and it keeps perfect time.  My daughter's watch
battery goes dead.  We bought her a new watch and the
same thing happened.  We are waiting for our dr to
prescribe pumps for both of them (2/14) and now we are
wondering if they will affect the batteries of their
insulin pumps.  HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS?