[IP] mixing old Humalog

> >...I have 2 bottles of insulin that have some left in them
> > but not enough to fill a reservoir for 3 days.  I don't want to put a
> > set in
> > for one days amount of insulin but I don't want to throw it away.  Is it
> > ok to mix what's left of the two bottles into one bottle?  It's all
> > humalog, but different dates.

I don't recall (Hillary Syndrome) seeing a response to the above post. I
often mix insulins (Humalog; Velosulin when I used it),  BUT only in the
syringe. I would not want to store it in a vial together. I have never in
49+ years reinjected insulin into a vial. There is some merit to the old
adage, "When in doubt, don't. Why risk contamination, then do as some would
and call on the IP list to figure out why a rollercoaster or bad insulin or
whatever -- not realizing that what is/was in the reservoir is/was mixed
insulins? I often have 2-3 low-amount vials waiting for a site change and
draw all out at the same time to do one reservoir fill. Isn't it better to
err (look up the pronunciation of that word - you'll be surprised) on the
side of safety?  8^)
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)