[IP] Re: FYI - Health Net Insurance

Hey guys:

If anyone is on Health Net and is having a problem getting them to cover more
than 150 bg strips a month the solution is to have your Dr. call them and
order the strips as "special needs".  The Dr. will have to fax paper work and
EXPLAIN that a diabetic MUST test bg's at least 10-12 times a day.  Health
Net will cover 300 strips monthly if you & your Dr. persist.

I just went through this successfully except when I went to pick up strips
there was a "glitch" in the HN pharmacy and was told they no longer covered
that item.  This was on Saturday and of course no one is at HN on the
weekends.  When I spoke to HN this morning (Monday) was told about the
"glitch" and to have Walgreens rerun the info and was cleared.  Am glad they
covered the strips but what a way to ruin a weekend.  I was so furious.  Had
been told by Walgreens on Friday the strips were covered and then Saturday -

One more story to add to the HMO digest.