Re: [IP] Hot tub and diabetes...

email @ redacted writes:

 Duhhhh! ...the increased circulation caused by heating the skin
 by being immersed in hot water also increases the absorbtion of NPH
 and Ultralente -- lowering bg's >>

Hot tubs are the best stress reduces known to man - in my opinion!  Now w/
pumping - there isnt a need to worry about NPH peaks -
Disconnet and Jump In for awhile.  The stress of D alone, not incuding other
daily life events warrents a nice hot tub soak.  Not every night due to
drying of skin.
Can you think of another reason why persons w/ D - shouldnt get into hot tubs
other than the NPH peaks and skin drying out!.  Can't we put oils in the tub
and sit a spell with pumping!
Kap gets in ours w/ oils and he seems to be have better outlook on life.  His
skin is so smooth and muscles are so relaxed.
My opinion!
Darlene - Mom to Kap - age 9 pumping