Re: [IP] Hot tub and diabetes...

> Don't know how many of you saw this when it came out but I just saw
> it and could not resist posting:
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/312414.asp
> Sept. 16 _  Help for the 14 million Americans suffering from
> diabetes may be as close as the nearest hot tub. A small pilot study
> reported in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine suggests that
> soaking in a hot tub for 30 minutes a day for a three-week period
> can reduce blood sugar levels by 13 percent.

> Dr. Philip Hooper of McKee Medical Center in Loveland, Colorado,
> experimented with the hot tub therapy in hopes that it would mimic

Duhhhh! ...the increased circulation caused by heating the skin
by being immersed in hot water also increases the absorbtion of NPH
and Ultralente -- lowering bg's. BUT!!! the insulin absorbed comes
from what would have been absorbed later. Wonder if this genius
followed the bg's of these people for a full 24 hours to see if they
got high later?