Re: [IP] SPLENDA - new sugar substitute

At 12:30 PM 2/7/2000  Wallerstedt, Kathy wrote:
 >A friend of mine from church informed me that there is a new sugar
 >substitute, not yet on the market, available through the internet:

Splenda (Sucralose) has actually been around for a number of years. I seem
to recollect that it was approved for the US market last year, but has been
freely available in Canada before that. From what I understand, the
company's production is not high enough to supply the US in quantity yet...
that's why it is hard to find. However, there are products on the market
that use it. Diet RC cola is one of them and I believe that Log Cabin makes
a syrup with it too.