[IP] weight gain/loss

> Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 00:56:32 EST
> From: "Rachel Davidson" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] weight gain/loss
> I am considering going on the pump and would like to know if anyone gained
> or lost weight once they went on it.

We see most newbies to this list who do not have a pump have a lot of
decisions and questions. When I was approached about a pump around 18 years
ago, I had terrible neuropathy of my feet and legs. I took naps just to
escape the pain and thought there was no help. My endo wanted to be in on
this *new* development - only one other dr. in our state handled pumps and
that one was in Indianapolis. The first 2 young men locally who got pumps
each gained 35#. My dilemma: gain 35# - or have my feet cut off! Well, I
chose the pump; figured I COULD buy a bigger size of clothes; didn't want to
buy shorter slacks. I'm #7 in my area to have a pump - I LOST 20#. Bottom
line was, those 2 young men NEEDED that weight gain to bring their bodies to
a more normal size. I needed that loss which was helped due to better
control. If you have a lot of hypos that you are feeding, you will eliminate
most and not be overeating. I don't think I look tooooo fat, my pic is on
the member profile for you to judge. Age and gravity do take their toll at
some point.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)