[IP] 485 w/ high ketones

Just venting about the pump fairy...

Friday:  I had a HI reading (>600) but got it down without hospital
assistance ;)
Saturday:  29 at bedtime w/ no symptoms (another yikes!)

(Yes, I double checked w/ a second meter of a diff brand both times)

NOW:  My sister is 485 w/ high ketones... I am doing the phone consultation
thing all night (she's in Atlanta, I'm in NC)... no nausea yet - both her
doc and I agree (I got to her first before he responded to the page) that
since she has had a truckload of water, that we are going to keep trying to
do this out of ER... but as soon as nausea or worse sets in, I've scared her
sufficiently for her to know to go to the ER... yikes, what a weekend...  I
think both of our highs were due to bad sets... her's having just been
inserted before dinner, mine having been four days old (oops)...

Is the pump fairy only hitting the fisher kids or what????