[IP] Need infusion set advice

Hello everyone:
I've only been pumping since Jan 25th, but am already becoming very
frustrated with inserting my infusion sets. Actually, inserting them is
ok,  but after a day or two the site sometimes gets tender, begins
itching, and rapidly becomes infected, and you guessed it, bgs begin to
soar. I'm using sof set QR's in my abdomen. I've followed all pre
insertion hygiene instructions, made sure everything is clean but to no
avail. I'm fairly lean and am wondering if maybe the sof set's canula is
too long and possible going too deep? After looking at the mini-med
on-line store site, I see that there are a number of different infusion
sets available. Would the sof-set micro QR be my next choice in finding
what works best? Is it possible that it would be too shallow? The
silhouette also looks good. Does it have flexible canula? Also the
silhouette combo set comes with 10 canulas and five tubing sets. Does
that mean you change the canula but keep the same tubong set? I'd also
like to know of any experiences with poly-fin QR bent needle with wings.
I'm physically active with bicycling, jogging, vegetable farming, and
general farm work as well as teaching school. I'd like to hear of others
experiences with day to day activities.  I'm very happy so far with pump
results except for the site problems, but hoping they'll soon be worked
out as I learn more.
Type 1, 18 years