Re: [IP] 1 year anniversary pumping, & safari.

At 8:12 PM -0800 2/4/00, Gill wrote:

>I'm still nervous about the trip (alone but with a group of 14 other
>people, who I've never met) but I want to see all those animals!! Does
>anyone have any useful hints for me?
>I am so thankful for all the new technology  that has made 'living with
>diabetes' so much easier.

Hi Gill,

I went to Africa (Ethiopia) in 1985 and in 1986 for a couple of months each
time (my folks were living there). I'd suggest taking plenty of supplies,
insulin, glucose tabs--the usual travel rules apply.

Also, definitely get a prescription for some kind of anti-nausea/vomiting
med (preferably a suppository), get that filled and take that with you.
Most third world countries have iffy water supplies, so be very careful to
only drink boiled or bottled water.

Have a great time! Africa is an incredible continent.

(Type I, 27 years, D. pumper since 10/95)