Re: [IP] Pump approval right after dx?

hi sue
my son and daughter are both on the pump. my son has
diabetes for three years and my daughter 6 months. my
daughter started pumping 2 months after dxed, her
doctor approved it but the insurance has not. we have
been fighting with them since december. they told us
that she has not had any serious problems such as
being put in the hospital for dka, not having bs
sugars that are out of control. i do not know what
they want but we noticed her drinking alot and wetting
the bed at night,so we caught hers before she went to
dka and she was never put in the hospital. this really
stinks as far as the insurance goes but i will not
give up. chelsey is using nathan back up pump for now.
becky hobbs
mom to nathan 4yo dxed 2/97 and chelsey 6yo dxed 9/99
both pumping and loving it

Do You Yahoo!?